The cause of the car accident may have some impact on the type of car accident that occurs, as well as the severity of the car accident. Not only can car accidents involve different types of vehicles and victims – i.e. motorcycle accidents, bicycle accident, pedestrian accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, etc. – but they can also happen in a variety of different manners. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Head-on collisions. Head-on collisions are one of the least common types of accidents, yet one of the most deadly. When a head-on collision occurs, victims are at risk of sustaining severe injuries, some of which may be fatal.
- Rear-end collisions. Completely the opposite of the above, rear-end collisions are quite common, and rarely result in traumatic injuries. However, they should not be taken lightly; if a rear-end collisions occurs while vehicles are traveling at a high speed, they can be deadly.
- Sideswipe crashes. A sideswipe accident occurs when two vehicles are traveling next to each other in the same direction, and are common when one vehicle attempts to change lanes without seeing an approaching or parallel vehicle.
- T-bone collisions. This devastating accident type is often accompanied by tragic injuries. As its name implies, a T-bone collision refers to an accident where one vehicle runs directly (head-on) into the side of another. T-bone collisions are most common at intersections.
- Rollover accidents. One of the deadliest accident types, rollover accidents can involve two or more vehicles, but are also often single-vehicle accidents. These accidents are more common when cars are traveling at an unsafe speed.
The experienced Seattle car accident lawyers at the Khan Law Firm have seen it all – we can represent you during your car accident claim, no matter the type of accident you have been involved in or the cause. If someone else acted negligently, we are ready to go to work on your behalf.